Thursday, June 18, 2009

Goodbyes

Well, the time is here. I'll be heading home in two more days and as it was with everyone else leaving, it's bittersweet for me, too. Though I've considered countless amounts of things I will miss about this city, this country and things that I'm looking forward to going home to, alas, when I sit in front of a computer, I forget most of them. So, here it is - my goodbyes to this country, city, school that has treated me so well for the last few months.


Goodbye, Thessaloniki. Until next year :)


The Top 10 Things to Miss about Greece...
1. Three hour coffee breaks.
2. Evening strolls along the waterfront.
3. Every day being a perfect beach day.
4. Harry's Spot. (Board games, coffee and alcohol, and club music.)
5. Almost endless free time.
6. Not being able to understand what everyone is saying.
7. Open markets.
8. Water, water, water.
9. Relatively efficient public transportation.
10. Siesta hours.


The Less Than 10 Things NOT to Miss...
1. Girls who have difficulties telling the difference between their lips and the open end of a vodka bottle.
2. Euros. (The exchange rate has become horrifying in the last couple weeks.)
3. Dog poop on sidewalks.
4. 50 Euro bills.
5. Not being able to understand what anyone is saying.
This list is short.


Ten Things to Look Forward to at Home...
1. Spicy foods :)
2. All the family(ies)
3. Limes. Grocery stores.
4. Pets. Furry, adorable little pets.
5. A real kitchen with useful utensils.
6. Wireless internet.
7. Bar-b-que.
8. Music....including Matt's band.
9. Family. (Yes, that deserves two spots)
10. "Normal" coffee.


Ανδιο, Θεσσαλονικι. Σ'αγαπο.





2 comments:

  1. I will miss these little chats we've had over the last few months. Living vicariously during the exciting weeks of your visit to Greese (and all the side visits)has been wonderful.

    Safe travels this weekend. We'll see you soon!

    Ed

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you have to leave. I'm so glad you're coming home. Bittersweet is understood. Can you start a new blog from your stateside home so we can continue to enjoy your writing, pictures and general good times? Love you!!

    ReplyDelete